simplifying heading levels

Subject: simplifying heading levels
From: Christine Pellar-Kosbar <chrispk -at- MERIT -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:16:23 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a document that currently has eight levels of headings. At
first glance, they all seem necessary, but the doc is very confusing. What
sorts of general ideas/ rules of thumb do you follow to try to simplify a
document with this level of detail? We will probably break it up into smaller
books and see if any of the major divisions can be explained in a primer, but
are there other, creative ways to "flatten" a hierarchy?

cpk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=