Re: [OT] What kind of names do you make up?

Subject: Re: [OT] What kind of names do you make up?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:33:32 -0400

On 6/10/1999 1:09 PM, John Posada (jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com) wrote:

>The question: have you, as the writer, ever used your
>own name as the contact? It sure would eliminate the
>problem we all have when showing our portfolios in
>interviews.

Well, just between you and me, all date examples I use are my birthday,
as in "Enter the transaction date in the form MM/DD/YY, as in 05/26/14".
Not that I'm 85 years old, but the day is correct.

Aside from that, I use my own name where a single name is needed, but
when I need a group of names I've been known to use presidents and famous
book or movie characters. I've stopped short of using actual people I
know of... that can cause trouble, depending on the example they're used
in. ("Enter the name of the fiscal deadbeat being audited, as in "John
Posada.") But hey, anything to liven up an accounting software manual...
;-)

----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=