Re: Pull-down vs. Drop-down menus

Subject: Re: Pull-down vs. Drop-down menus
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:31:38 -0400

Hallo:

I recommend you give some consideration to picking up an existing style
guide for consistency within your industry.

For example, in this case I would use: the "Microsoft Manual of Style for
Technical Publications" on page 174 and Chapter 7 in "The Windows Interface
Guidelines for Software Design."

Thus, I recommend you use the word "menu" or "shortcut menu" only and
suggest that it might be largely irrelevant what kind of menu you are
actually using. As for pull-down versus drop-down, the former is Mac and the
latter Windoze.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=