Photos/graphics in MS Word

Subject: Photos/graphics in MS Word
From: Mary Gresko <mgresko -at- BBN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:35:08 -0400

Hi,

I'm having a minor problem with Word and graphics and was wondering if
anyone had a solution.

We are inserting many photos into a Word document, linking to the file (to
save file space), then resizing, centering and adding a border. The problem
is that when I close the Word file and reopen it, all photo formatting is
gone. I even have to update the Field Codes to see the photo, then resize
again, center again and re-add the border.

Considering the page length and amount of photos in the document, this
seems awkward! (The only workaround I see is just waiting until the doc is
finished to format the photos, then create a PDF. Of course, the only
problem with this is document maintenance.)

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Mary

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=