Re: Date format query

Subject: Re: Date format query
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- BDK -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:04:24 -0400

Couldn't help adding to this one...

I've always preferred the UK and French (and sometimes Canadian, but we
can never make up our minds on anything) standard: DD-MM-YY, as to me it
seems most logical: you go from the specific to the general. When giving
the current date, for example, we usually know what year and month it
is; the most relevant question is: what day is it? So we get that first.

I know it's old fashioned, but what I like best of all is the format:
dd-month-yyyy, as it is completely unambiguous and requires no commas,
e.g.:

And most modern software/computer equipment does not mind converting the
number to text for you if you want to see it that way. I'm sure there
are innumerable good reasons why the date must appear as all numerals,
but I can't think of many--no need to translate between languages I
suppose....

Chris Kowalchuk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=