Re: Date format query

Subject: Re: Date format query
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:32:04 -0400

As a follow up to my brief message: in Canada you have the problem of the
French standard of DD/MM/YY conflicting with the English MM/DD/YY.
I think the ISO standard is best as it is unmistakable (at least until
2001). Otherwise just what month is it on 10/11/99? Even worse is after the
year 2000, the second of march 2001 would look like:
ISO: 01-03-02
Eng: 03-02-01
Fr: 02-03-01

What date is 01-02-03? I hope the ISO standard gets widely accepted before
year 2000 is finished. Otherwise the jump to the next millennium (first
year of the 21st century is 2001 A.D.) will be painful even for hardcopy.

Eric L. Dunn

PS: For all the clock watchers who are celebrating the millennium as the
year 2000, any reason is good enough to party.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=