Re: Get a job

Subject: Re: Get a job
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:26:03 -0400

I have only one additionl to make to Andrew's list, and I'm frankly a little
freaked out to have to make it, but here it is:

Don't condescend to your audience in your resume. It is one thing to market
your hard-earned skills. It is another to take the approach that you are
capable of things that verge on super-human. The hiring manager has
possibly also done them, and I don't know anyone who wants to go out of
their way to hire someone who comes across as a potential turf war or ego
trip right off the bat.

No one wants to hire someone who comes across as saying "I'm smarter than
you are, without even knowing anything about it."

Just a thought.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=