Interview from Hell - response to Brad

Subject: Interview from Hell - response to Brad
From: "Doyle, Lindsay" <lindsay -dot- doyle -at- FUNB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:58:45 -0400

First Union Capital Markets Corp.

Brad wrote:
<snip> I can speculate why I did not get the job:
* The staff writer didn't appreciate the value and rarity of having a
co-worker who was both a subject matter expert AND a technical writer. (Both
her manager and director did.)
* The staff writer would-be supervisor was very young and
inexperienced and yet would be my supervisor.
* I was probably about 10-15 years older than she. I think it was a
classic age issue.
<snip>

Perhaps another reason you did not get the job is that the younger staff
writer was threatened by the fact that you were a subject matter expert and
she was not. That would put her in the position of supervising someone that
had more expertise than she did - this can be very intimidating. I was in a
similar situation in a past position (luckily it was a contract position) -
and I ended up being miserable. Maybe it's a good thing that you didn't get
this job....

Thanks!
Lindsay Randolph Doyle
First Union Capital Markets
Y2k Project Office
lindsay -dot- doyle -at- capmark -dot- funb -dot- com
704-593-7439

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=