Re: To thank or not to thank...

Subject: Re: To thank or not to thank...
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:13:12 -0700

As an interviewer, I weigh the thank you note in with all the other
application stuff when I make my decision. Getting a well written
thank you is a plus. Getting a thank-you with errors, getting it
two weeks late because it went to the wrong address, etc., is a
minus. Not getting one isn't terrible, but that ranks right between
a good one and a bad one.

As an interviewee, I usually send a thank you note, either via post
or email depending on the situation. Aside from the "thanks for taking
time out of your busy schedule..." sentiment, I use the note to either
reiterate my interest in the job or to back out gracefully. More than
once my thank you has continued with, "after careful consideration, I
have decided to withdraw my application for employment..."

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=