Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank -Reply

Subject: Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank -Reply
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:29:35 -0700

At 11:31 AM 5/27/99 -0700, Chuck Martin wrote:
>While I'm not going
>to spend time researching the issue, I can't recall any book I've seen,
>from technical manual to computer book to science hardcover to trade
>paperback to mass-market paperback that didn't start chapters on the
>right-hand page.

Since this issue came to my attention a couple of years ago, I've noticed
several mass-market mystery novels that start chapters on either page.

When I read Chuck's post, I took a quick look at the books on my desk, and
found two that start chapters on both right- and left-hand pages.
Ironically, the first one I found was Strunk & White (second edition,
Macmillan 1972) and the second one was The Design of Everyday Things, by
Donald Norman.

Fascinating...

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=