Re: The project that would not end!

Subject: Re: The project that would not end!
From: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:48:25 -0700

How much time do you have?

If time is short, then get it together and ship it. You will get it next
round. There it is.

If you have time, then re-write. Identify and prioritize specifically what
needs to be done, what would be great to be done and what would be cool if
there is time. Within each section of the list, prioritize each thing
specifically to be done. Involve customer support if possible to know what
customers are calling about most.

Then figure out how much time each item will take. The resulting matrix will
tell you what you are going to do for this release. And what is going to be
done for the next. That gives you a plan of attack and a strategy for
assaulting it. So to speak.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!
See www.sharonburton.com!

You went...

| Now, if you were in our position, would you push the deadline even further
| back (remember that the manual has been written over the course of two
| years!) and rewrite the chapters (all 970 pages of them) so that you could
| submit a winner? Or would you simply copyedit, fill in whatever holes
still
| exist in the content, and do all of the production stuff to ready it for
| publication, but leave the content of each chapter as is so you could get
on
| with life?
|
| Robert

| Robert Heath