RoboHTML vs. ForeHTML

Subject: RoboHTML vs. ForeHTML
From: Lydia Wong <lydiaw -at- FPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:50:25 -0400

Folks,

We have recently been comparing RoboHelp and ForeHelp. The recent
discussions on that have been very informative. We've followed those posts
pretty closely, but they seemed to concentrate on WinHelp comparisons. We
have some more specific questions about HTML-based help:

Have any of you used both RoboHTML and ForeHTML, and if you preferred one or
the other, which did you prefer?

Also, have you tried using FrameMaker to create your source, converted the
Frame files to HTML or HTML Help using WebWorks Publisher, and then used
RoboHTML or ForeHTML for maintenance/clean up/whatever? If so, how did that
go?

Thanks in advance for any opinions you can offer! (Please feel free to reply
directly to me, and I'll summarize to the list.)

Lydia
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.