QUERY: STC members in Germany

Subject: QUERY: STC members in Germany
From: "Ternes, Andreas" <A -dot- Ternes -at- SPS-PRESSEN -dot- DE>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:30:07 +0200

Dear colleagues!

I asked this question two weeks ago on the German mailing list for
technical writers, but received only one response. So I am trying again
on this forum:

I am wondering if there are any STC members in Germany. I am thinking
about becoming an STC member and I am interested in other member's
opinion (not about STC in general, but profits for somebody who is far
away from the United States and already member of the German society for
technical communication "tekom").

I am specially interested in things like:
- do you profit professionally from your membership?
- are STC publications of worth for Germans or do they refer more to
local problems?
- are the publications delivered in time or with a lot of delay?
- who do you handle your payment?

Another problem is the non-existence of a German STC chapter. The next
one is located in Belgium. If there are enough STC members in Germany a
German chapter could be started.

Please send your responses directly to a -dot- ternes -at- sps-pressen -dot- de

TIA and greetings from Germany

Andreas Ternes

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=