Re: Flash and PDFs

Subject: Re: Flash and PDFs
From: Linda Stark <bstark -at- PUMA -dot- SIRINET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 21:44:22 -0500

My coworker used Flash to create a page that will have PDFs linked to it.
The PDFs and the page will be put on a CD for a client.

My question is: Has anyone out there ever used Flash with PDFs? If so, how
do you link them? She created the page on a Mac, then tried to link the
PDFs. When we pull it up on the PC, it freezes every time. We can't figure
out what the problem is. Are Flash for Mac and Flash for PC incompatible?
Is something not set right? She has combed through the reference books we
have for Flash and cannot find instructions for linking PDFs to a page.
Odds are, the clients will have a PC, so this is something that must be
fixed ASAP.

Another question comes to mind: Is Flash an appropriate program to use for
a CD project? Another coworker suggested that it might not be the best tool
for CDs because it requires a browser to view the page. If Flash is not the
correct tool, what is? The client wants an introductory page that has
light-up buttons, pop-up menus, and sound. Flash lends itself to all these
things very well.

I'd appreciate any information you can provide. We've checked the PDF Web
sites, as well as the home page for Flash, but neither helped. We're
stumped, and the client is waiting.

Thanks!
Linda

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=