Re: MS Word 97-98 problems

Subject: Re: MS Word 97-98 problems
From: Steve Arrants <stevea -at- CNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:05:34 -0700

A couple of things, Dick.

First, don't use the Master Document feature. It has never worked very well,
and is inconsistent in its results. Try making the document one file, or
printing multiple files (you'll have to carefully check page/table numbering
and the like).

Second, ignore anyone who tells you to use Frame and leave it at that.
You'll find a lot of people here who sing Frame's praises, but forget your
original question and situation. It is probably too late at this point to
convert everything over to Frame. You need a solution now, and mucking about
with Word is probably the 'best' at this point. However, in the future, you
should look at Framemaker as your authoring tool.

Oh yes -- turn off the display of hidden text and the like in WORD. It
sometimes affects the page breaking, etc.

steve arrants

Steve Arrants
CNET: The Computer Network
stevea -at- cnet -dot- com