UNIX vs. Unix

Subject: UNIX vs. Unix
From: Karen Farrell <kfarrell -at- GXT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:08:30 -0500

RB,

UNIX is a registered trademark in the United States and other countries,
licensed exclusively through X/Open Company, Ltd.

Some companies use Unix as their style, and I've seen it initial capped
in a lot of other places, but that is wrong! You can't just go around
changing trademarked names. (I guess you can, but it's still wrong.)

Karen

--
Karen Farrell
Technical Writer

713.789.7250
kmf -at- gxt -dot- com

"If you take hyphens seriously, you will surely go mad."--John Benbow,
Oxford University Press

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=