Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 2 May 1999 to 3 May 1999 (#1999-17)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 2 May 1999 to 3 May 1999 (#1999-17)
From: Steven Evanina <sevanina -at- HITEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:58:31 -0400

From:    John Posada
Subject: Did ya ever wonder??

OK, I can understand how it is thought that since I'm
only around for a limited amount of time, why "waste"
a perfectly good 300-400 mhz Pentium II with 64 or
128mb RAM when there are several extra 90, 100, or 133
mhz Pentiums with 16 or 32mb.

===
John Posada
Western Union International
(w) jposada -at- westernunion -dot- com
(p) john -at- tdandw -dot- com
I thought the same thing until I started my current contract. I've been here a year. They just bought new computers for the writers (all are contractors). My boss somehow argued that we should get the new hardware when the company bought new pcs. Well I now have a P III, 450 MHz, 128 meg ram, 8 meg video card, 3d sound with speakers (including a subwoofer) and best of all a 21" monitor. And it looks like we will continue to get the new hardware when it comes in.

go figure
steve