Re: A Modest Proposal

Subject: Re: A Modest Proposal
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:54:33 -0700

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:09:49 -0400, Scott McClare wrote:

>> If it's necessary to specify gender, or to make avoidance of gender a
>> glaring issue, why not use the appropriate gender symbols in documen --
>> excuse me, docuPERSONtation?
>>
>I'm sorry, I take great personal offense at your sexist language. The
>correct term is "docuperchildtation." Please try to be more sensitive in
>the future. Thank you.

Gentlemen, please... the proper term would be docuPEOPLEtation.

Of course, this still discriminates against us non-humans...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting;
It is not logical, but it is often true.
- Spock

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=