Re: " vs ' - when do you use them?

Subject: Re: " vs ' - when do you use them?
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:49:58 -0500

On Tuesday, April 20, 1999 2:47 PM, Debbie Packer
[SMTP:dpacker -at- STINGRAYBOATS -dot- COM] wrote:
> My question:
>
> Am I using the quotes correctly or does it matter which ones I use?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Debbie

Depends on which side of the pond you are. British usage defaults to a
single quote (click the 'Build Your Boat' button) with double quotes
inside them. American usage is just the opposite. But use the same style
throughout.

Elisabeth B. Zakes
PlanView, Inc., Austin, TX
ezakes -at- planview -dot- com