Re: API docs -- obtaining sample code

Subject: Re: API docs -- obtaining sample code
From: Virginia_Day -at- DATACARD -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:23:55 -0500

> How do API writers typically obtain the sample code for their docs? I'm
> taking a straw poll to find out how many of you out there write your own,
> and how many depend on testers or developers?

I obtain tested samples from developers for the API that I document. I'm not a C
programmer, and I don't want the responsibility for testing the sample code. The
developers I work with are happy to have a writer who can make sense of the C
code, describe it, and make sure that the API remains consistent over time, all
things I can do well.

HTH, Virginia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=