FW: ForeHelp vs. RoboHelp

Subject: FW: ForeHelp vs. RoboHelp
From: "Cheryl L. Dwyer" <cheryl -at- WORLDWEB -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:14:01 -0400

I agree wholehearted with Jill Burgchardt's comments regarding ForeHelp. I
recently went through the same situation as Karen Gloor is now facing: which
HAT should I buy? My primary focus was finding a good tool that wasn't too
difficult to learn that would support JavaHelp, which ForeFront's latest
version of ForeHTML Pro 3 does. I had not created a help file alone from the
ground up, so I wanted something I could use with little ramp-up time and
learn with as little confusion as possible.

Probably the one thing that bowled me over, though, was ForeFront's tech
support. Both with the demo versions and with the version I actually
purchased, I've had nothing but practically immediate responses from their
support team. Two questions I had turned out to be bugs in Sun's JavaHelp
itself, but they tracked them down and let me know about it, as well as
informing Sun of the problems.

I don't think you could go wrong with ForeHelp, Karen.

Cheryl Dwyer
Technical Writer
worldweb.net
(703) 838-2002 x148