Re: HTML authoring

Subject: Re: HTML authoring
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:51:36 -0500

> Greetings. Urgent query from one of my engineer/programmer
> coworkers (who thinks that tech writers are cool because we can
> answer important questions we know nothing about): Given Windows
> 95 and Apache as a web server, what is the HTML authoring tool you'd
> recommend (having used it) or NOT recommend (having used it)?

If using the FrontPage server (or add-on server extensions) is not an
option, I would definitely steer clear of FrontPage. I've been extremely
happy with HotDog Pro, but it's code-based instead of WYSIWYG (which is
better IMHO, since there really is no WYSIWYG with HTML), and I use an
old version and couldn't tell you anything about the most recent
version.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=