Re: Linux and techwhirlers

Subject: Re: Linux and techwhirlers
From: Keith Anderson <mkanderson -at- USA -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:03:43 -0500

Kevin:

Last year, a company I worked for was developing Linux-based
telecommunication products. The server product required screen captures and
online help. They selected Linux because it's free and can be completely
locked down. As Linux picks up steam, so will the need for Linux product
documentation.

Corel is promising a version of Ventura for Linux toward the end of this
year. I also located a couple of DTP and publishing software makers for
Linux through Red Hat's site. The software seems really young and I haven't
had a chance to play with demos yet.

I'm currently tinkering with Linux at home, but the software is just not
there for me to rely on it for my projects. It's still cool stuff, though.

Keith Anderson

mkanderson -at- usa -dot- net