Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting

Subject: Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:35:25 -0400

Andrew Plato wrote:

> This is why everyone full-time and contract needs to get away
> from these places. You are much more likely to find a better contractor
> working with a small shop or independents. These people have their reputations
> at stake, so you're bound to get better work.

My experience supports what Andrew says. I would also encourage
contractors to try to deal with the smaller agencies (like his and mine)
who understand client needs better. Some of our best contract people
also do independent work directly for clients. They use our small agency
when they have the need. And I would never turn them away. They
also like to use us for a place to park their 401K money and they
feel we are more likely understand their needs (since we are also
writers).
--
David B. Demyan dbd -at- mendem -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=