Some Advice Needed

Subject: Some Advice Needed
From: Deborah Cooper <dcooper -at- EDISPATCH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:18:04 -0700

I'm hoping that some of you can advise me on an idea I just
had:

I write the documentation for a software package. The package
is not that complex to computer users, but to novice users, it
can be a little daunting. We have our manual, which describes
each procedure in text, followed by a numbered step-by-step
instruction set.

My question: have any of you created a smaller quick-fix
tip-sheet, or whatever you want to call it, that just lists the
steps needed to perform each task? Sort of like a cheat-sheet
manual.

For example:

To add a new device to our application, you can

-add the new device
-edit the device's info
-delete the device from the system
-query the device

The manual has full explanations of how to do all these steps,
but I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to have a separate
booklet listing just the basics of adding, editing, and deleting
devices from our system.

This would be applied to about 20 different "things or concepts"
in our app. The booklet could have one page devoted to each
thing, in this case, one page would be devoted to Devices.

Thanks for the input!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=