Re: Finding tech comm books on the shelves (was Final Note: Wiley . . .)

Subject: Re: Finding tech comm books on the shelves (was Final Note: Wiley . . .)
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:57:59 -0400

I'm personally sitting on an unsent email to Fatbrain.com (formerly Computer
Literacy Bookstore) objecting to the organization they're using, which
places the tech. comm. books UNDER DESKTOP PUBLISHING. Why am I still
sitting on the note? Mostly because the analogy that I used, that perhaps
to be consistent they should put the programming books in a category under
TYPING, could lose more friends than it gains...

If anyone unearths a good way to approach the management of a bookstore,
"real" or online -- or if Karen was right and what needs to happen is
educating the publishers and distributors? -- please share that information!
I'd give a couple of teeth to be able to walk up to one well-organized shelf
of books on technical communication, design, etc., without having to find
them one or two at a time all over the computer section.

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=