Re: Thinking in Pictures

Subject: Re: Thinking in Pictures
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:30:27 +0100

IMHO, you're right, but the basic reason is that people learn reading in
books with pictures, and feel uneasy when there are no graphic memory
association available. Screenshots are an easy thing to create. I
remember a few years ago a rather complicated doc, with only two
screenshots vs 40 pages, where first readers came whining for an
explanaton scheme. Since I received a different answer from each, I
drawed picture I felt was easy to conceived. Et voila! they were happy
with that (maybe they colored it).
From now, I add pictures liberally, the only precaution being: easy to
draw and maintain.
"On thursday, sir? The time is very short" Shakespeare, Romeo and
Juliet, IV.1
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=