Online Help

Subject: Online Help
From: "Pipher, Gabriele (RMW)" <GPIPHER -at- RMGAUGES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:46:14 -0400

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE86B7.D7025406

Hi to you all,

I am new to the list, but I am looking for some expert advice about how
to choose a HAT vendor. Maybe some of you can share your experiences
about Robohelp, Doc-to-Help, HDK, Forehelp, etc. to help me decide why I
should choose one program over another (mgmt wants me to finish my
research within two weeks).

Currently, our documentation is in Word 97 format (Windows 95), supplied
as paper documentation. The software platform is Labview using Windows
NT as an operating system.

Some of the documentation will not be used in online help, more like an
online manual. For this portion, what would work best? FrameMaker? Is
FrameMaker or any other program compatible with a HAT program?

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks bunches.

Gabriele

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE86B7.D7025406

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.1960.3">
<TITLE>Online Help</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi to you all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am new to the list, but I am looking =
for some expert advice about how to choose a HAT vendor.&nbsp; Maybe =
some of you can share your experiences about Robohelp, Doc-to-Help, =
HDK, Forehelp, etc. to help me decide why I should choose one program =
over another (mgmt wants me to finish my research within two =
weeks).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Currently, our documentation is in =
Word 97 format (Windows 95), supplied as paper documentation.&nbsp; The =
software platform is Labview using Windows NT as an operating =
system.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Some of the documentation will not be =
used in online help, more like an online manual.&nbsp; For this =
portion, what would work best? FrameMaker?&nbsp; Is FrameMaker or any =
other program compatible with a HAT program?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any feedback is welcome.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks bunches.</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Phyllis">Gabriele</FONT></I></B>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------ =_NextPart_001_01BE86B7.D7025406--