Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 12 Apr 1999 to 13 Apr 1999

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 12 Apr 1999 to 13 Apr 1999
From: Marci Abels <mabels -at- SKYJACKINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:12:19 -0500

Well, at my last job,I knew I was grossly underpaid. (A result of being my first experience negotiating pay) When I was asked how much I was making at my current job, my reply was "Well, I couldn't possible move for less than $x." (X was a full 20% more than I was making)" Of course, it didn't hurt my position that they came looking for me, not the other way around, and I was happy with the other job, if not with the pay, and I could have stayed there if the new job hadn't worked out.

Still, I never did tell them what I was making before. I don't consider that relevant to what I will be making ini a new job.

Marci Abels
Technical Writer, Skyjack, Inc.
http://www.skyjackinc.com/frame.html