Re: What to do in slack times?

Subject: Re: What to do in slack times?
From: Kevin McLauchlan <KMcLauchlan -at- CHRYSALIS-ITS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:15:11 -0400

You can do that?

I get large chunks of grief if I get caught with anything on
my hard disk that wasn't pre-blessed by the IT dept.

The IT dept is overworked, so every time I peek around on
the web and come up with some shareware or demos that
I'd like to see, the time-lag from my request ("Would you
download this for me, so I can evaluate it?") to the arrival
of the software is such that it usually lands on my desk
at the peak of the next deadline crunch.

Of course, for anything related to existing tools, I just go
get it, plug it in and tinker, cuz it looks like it belongs... :-)

Um, we're a crypto and security sort of company, and
there's been grief about viruses and procedures lately,
thus the hard-line approach by IT dept.

Kevin McLauchlan
kmclauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com (aka kevinmcl -at- netrover -dot- com)
Journeyman techy writer, duffer skydiver, full-time unrepentent chocoholic

[snip]

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=