Re: Potential Dilemma

Subject: Re: Potential Dilemma
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:59:56 +0100

I think there can be pretty good cooperation between TW and marketing.
AMOF, since we (or I) are interested by document design in itself (the
way the black things appear on the page, printing techniques, aso), I
can give advice to the marketing people (who are more interested in
pie-charting prospects, aso).
We came to a gentleman's agreement, for instance, as regards the
modification of software names and packaging, because we share a few
burdens such as rereading printed matter and managing localization.
Yet, overinfluence of marketing on the contents itself is not that OK.
What must be agreed on is specifications (style, size, reference or
tutorial, aso.), as well as the consistency of vocabulary and look on
outgoing litterature, but nothing more (xcept for a remark on a specific
point, asking for a better explanation, but never "I want this sentence
on the 1st page", or "make the doc a marketing blabbering gibberish").

"On thursday, sir? The time is very short"
Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, IV.1
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=