Re: questions about Austin, TX job market

Subject: Re: questions about Austin, TX job market
From: Debbie Wood <dcwood -at- SWBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:24:35 -0500

As the President of the Alamo Chapter of STC (in San Antonio), I feel that
I have to defend my city. The TW market in San Antonio is not as bleak as
Julie paints it. I know of several companies having trouble filling tech
writer positions, and I would say that there is a shortage of *good* tech
writers in San Antonio right now -- this was not the case two years ago.

Debbie Wood
Alamo Chapter STC President
dcwood -at- swbell -dot- net

>The job market seems to be pretty good there. Especially for the computer
>industry. Call Southwestern Bell and get a copy of their phone book then
>start mailing resumes to all the companies that you think might require
>someone with your skills. Contact a few headhunting agencies too! I'm
>from San Antonio (which is not very far from Austin) and it seems to me
>that everytime I go looking for a job all I can find is stuff in Austin.
>
>Good Luck!
>
>Julie Bruce

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=