Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts

Subject: Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts
From: Chuck Martin <cwmartin -at- US -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 11:03:03 -0700

ddavis wrote:
<snip>

> The seriff vs. sans-seriff results are mixed, but they stand about 70-30 in
> favor of seriff fonts in the U.S. and the opposite in Europe.
<snip>

I learned that the reasoning behind this difference was because of what
was used to teach children to read. Apparently, in the U.S., most books
are printed in serif fonts, while in Europe, most books are printed in
Sans serif fonts. As a result, the "readability" comes down to no more
than what a person is most used to as they learned to read.

--
"Online help should ignore first-time users and concentrate
on those people who are already successful using the

Chuck Martin
Principal Technical Writer, Oracle Developer
Tools Division, Oracle Corporation

cwmartin"at"us.oracle.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=