inquiry re research needs

Subject: inquiry re research needs
From: Dorothy Winsor <dwinsor -at- IASTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:47:24 -0600

The Association of Teachers of Technical Writing has recently formed a
committee on research which I am chairing. One of our goals is to
encourage research that will meet the needs and interests of practicing
technical writers. We are concerned that academic research often seems
remote from the daily practice of work in industry. Can this group
suggest areas in which they would like to see research conducted? Can they
suggest guidelines for how academic research can be made useful for
practitioners?

Dorothy A. Winsor
Associate Professor, Iowa State University
dwinsor -at- iastate -dot- edu
Association of Teachers of Technical Writing
http://english.ttu.edu/ATTW/home.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=