Re: Crafts writing and a question

Subject: Re: Crafts writing and a question
From: "Christian, Cathy" <Cathy -dot- Christian -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:23:00 -0800

A couple of years ago I bought a wood stove made by a high-end manufacturer, and the instructions that came with it were absolutely terrible - user and installer instructions were mixed together, type so small it was barely legible, and other sundry problems. I wrote a letter to the manufacturer and told them how and why the bad documentation reflected upon the company. Never occured to me to offer my services. I just want to let the manufacturer know how bad the instructions made them look. But they called me, and I ended up redoing the instructions and making them user-friendly and all the other things we tech writers do. So now I look around everywhere. It's all part of educating business about the value of technical writing.

> multimedia opportunities, instruction books, advertising agencies,
> industrial film makers and producers, etc. The world is filled with things
> to do and all of the technical writers I know never consider anything
> outside their narrow view.

Cathy Christian
Technical Writer
425-237-6205 6C-FC
Seattle, WA
mailto:cathy -dot- christian -at- boeing -dot- com
You don't need to fear the darkness; all you do is light a candle.

> Just curious.
>
> Bob Maxey
>

> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=