Heading sizes in chapters

Subject: Heading sizes in chapters
From: Lisa Kemp <lnk -at- ONTARIO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:01:37 -0500

I am seeking feedback about the way heading sizes should be used within a
chapter. Currently, our group uses headings in this order in our
instructional chapters:

Chapter Title (24 pt Formata)
Prerequisites (14 pt Formata)
Concepts (18 pt Formata in margin)
Concept #1 (18 pt Formata)
subhead#1 (14 pt Formata)
subhead#2 (12 pt Formata)
body text (12 pt Times)
Procedure Overview (18 pt Formata in margin)
Procedure headings (12 pt Formata)
Detailed Procedures (18 pt Formata in margin)
Procedure headings (12 pt Formata)

Our group is discussing changing the procedure headings to 18 pt for
consistency. I also wonder about changing the Prerequisite heading?

Lisa N. Kemp
lnk -at- ontario -dot- com
Technical Communicator
Ontario Systems Corporation