user-friendly term for "nodes"??

Subject: user-friendly term for "nodes"??
From: "Connie J. Whitesell" <conniejwhitesell -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:26:30 -0500

I'm documenting a VB application used for managing manufacturing equipment
records. Can anyone suggest a better term than "root node"? I find myself
talking about the "root node icon" and the "root node label." Both make me
cringe. Any suggestions?
Connie J. Whitesell
Technical Writer
Decision Management International, Inc.

"Things should be made as simple as possible¾but no simpler." (Albert
Einstein)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=