Big Picture (was: There's more to it than grammar)

Subject: Big Picture (was: There's more to it than grammar)
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:08:38 -0500

There's usually a crossover between the business model that the
application represents and how to do the individual tasks within that
business model. In some cases, particularly with more complex
applications, you have to understand the business paradigm under which
the application/system was BUILT in order to be able to understand the
sequence of events that are necessary, etc.

And I know that in my case, for example with Framemaker, I bought the
application after being assured it did all the stuff that I needed it to
do, but not understanding the "big picture" of the process to accomplish
it. So getting a big picture, even in brief, was helpful to place me on
the map and help me figure out which procedures I needed to go through.

That's a simple example -- in more complex applications or systems, I
think having the paradigm explicitly stated is all the more important.
No one is injured by having the information available, but some may be
hindered by NOT having it available.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=