Re: Interview & testing

Subject: Re: Interview & testing
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:56:05 -0500

12 pages might be a bit much.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with providing an applicant,
particularly one with little demonstrable experience or samples, with
two basic things:

1. A couple of screen shots, and an explanation of how they work
together, and the request that they write a short instruction on how to
do a straightforward task through that interface, and

2. A paragraph or two from a manual with a few errors, and the request
that they edit that section, including any suggestions to make the
content more usable.

And to be fair, I just have to say that we also test our developers'
skills when we hire them through an INTENSELY grueling programming
language test here (the guy who administers it is great, but a little
sadistic *G*).

Hope that's helpful, Colleen!

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=