Help! First TW job interveiw

Subject: Help! First TW job interveiw
From: smith <smith -at- DDS -dot- NL>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:17:14 +0100

Hi TECHWR-Ls,

Help. I have my first job interveiw for an entry level techwriting position
in less than 7 days. The position is within the research and development
dept. of a medium sized international IT firm (job description below).
I am coming from a non-tecnical or writing background (I have a masters
degree in social sciences) but I have great interest in learning more about
computing. I am basically self-taught and I've gained lots of useful
information and tips from reading this list.

What pointers can you 'experienced' tech writers give to a beginner to help
"close the deal" on the possible first job?
All advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Stan Smith

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Department: Research & Development

Job description: Technical Writer for the Applications team

Reporting to the Teamleader, Applications, the Technical Writer in the
Applications Team will be primarily responsible for:

Writing end-user documentation
Writing technical documentation
Reporting back to the developers

The person we are looking for should have the following qualifications:

25-35 years of age
Dynamic
Team player
Open-minded
Humor
Drive/Commitment
PC-experience at Super user level or higher
Preferably Notes experience

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=