Re: Red X in Word

Subject: Re: Red X in Word
From: "HICKEY, John David" <jdhickey -at- GROUPE-PROGESTIC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:01:50 -0500

Greetings!

>I am working on a document in Word 97. I have recently
>encountered a problem. All my graphics (e.g figures) have been
>repalced with a big red X. Our computer support personal has

Sounds to me like the graphics were linked into your document and the
paths are now broken.

When the graphics were placed in your document, they actually pointed to
a graphic file sitting on your PC rather than being physically in your
document. For some reason, the path that lists where the graphics are is
no longer valid.

To check this, select the X graphic in question and right-click on it.
Select Toggle Field codes and it'll show you the path it thinks it
should be able to find the graphic. All you have to do is find the right
path and place it in the link or place the graphics in the directory
where the Word thinks it should be.

Mind you, this is just a guess.
---
Be seeing you,

John David Hickey
Technical Writer
---
Groupe-Progestic
Montreal, Quebec
514-842-7995

Do not confuse my opinions with my employers'
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=