Re: Recruiters: Is It Just Me?

Subject: Re: Recruiters: Is It Just Me?
From: William G Meisheid <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:40:45 -0500

>What revision and change? I refuse to custom taylor a resume for a
situation. The resume is what it is and if they don't like my style of
resume, they wouldn't like my style of writing.

You probably didn't mean to say it the way it came out, but tayloring a
resume to the situation has very little to with the "style" of writing and
more to do with layout and presentation for your audience. It was almost as
if you said I don't take my reader into consideration when I write and
layout something. That could not have been your intention.

As a consumer of resumes I also judge people on their resume itself as well
as what is in their resume and tayloring their resume to my needs shows me
alot about their willingness to adjust to my needs. I also look their use of
paragraph and character styles (I only take resumes in doc format). They are
after all, technical writers, not just writers, which to me implies more
than the expression alone.

Just an opinion from the rim...

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified Baltimore/Washington area RoboHELP Training
Sageline Publishing 410.465.1548 Fax: 410.465.1812
http://www.sageline.com email: wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=