What does a TW do?

Subject: What does a TW do?
From: Cheryle W <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:07:12 PST

I can't remember who posted the initial request, but I saw this on the
Portland Community College website. It's a career description for
Technical and Professional Writing -- I think it's a pretty accurate
depiction. HTH, C.

***
Technical and professional writing is a career that combines
communications skills with skills from the fields of business,
industry, science, or technology. Technical and professional writers
interpret and communicate specialized information for
practical use. Their responsibilities include project planning, working
as a member of a team, researching, interviewing, writing,
designing, rewriting and editing.

Depending on the area of specialization, the types and complexity of the
writer's tasks vary greatly but will likely include writing
one or more of the following: instructions, policies and procedures,
computer documentation, newsletters, training materials,
reports and brochures.***

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=