Re: Universal Symbol for "Read the Manual"

Subject: Re: Universal Symbol for "Read the Manual"
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:29:41 +0000

Following Ron's post I thought I'd better check exactly what we use to
indicate "Read the Manual". On checking with Operations (who produce the
labels) I have found out that we use a hybrid symbol. We use the
exclamation mark in the triangle to indicate "Read the Manual" and use the
open book symbol as an additional pointer. Of course, as "triangle
symbols" are often warning (e.g. symbol for corrosive materials) it could
be taken to mean DON'T read the manual - this could explain a lot of the
calls received by tech support!!

Damien Braniff (on Friday wind-down!)
Technical Author
PAC International