Re: printing Word outlines without body text?

Subject: Re: printing Word outlines without body text?
From: Malcolm Barnett <mbarnett -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:09:27 +0200

Following what

Jeroen Hendrix wrote:

> Benzi Schreiber asked:
>
> > Can someone please tell me how to print an outline in Word 97, without
> > printing the body text? For some reason, when I view the docs in Outline
> > view I see only the levels I select; but when I print the outlines I also
> > get body text! What am I doing wrong? (Yeah, I know I should be using
> Frame,
> > and I will for the book -- but you can't beat Word for outlining....)
>
> According to Microsoft it should be possible, at least that's what they say
> at their website:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/6/92.asp
>
> But, I couldn't do it either. I don't know, perhaps I 'm not able to
> understand simple instructions.
> In the case you don't succeed either, there is a possible work around. You
> could generate a custom Table of contents
> that only shows the headings you want to include (with or without the
> pagenumbers).
> If you only print the pages the TOC , you have sort of an outline.
>
> H.T.H.
>
> Jeroen Hendrix
> PolyDoc
> the Netherlands
>
> Mail to: jhe -at- polydoc -dot- com
> Web: www.polydoc.com

It says here (here being Using Office 97 Special Edition Ed.Bott, Boyce and
Wempen, pub. QUE and usually reliable) that you must make sure before you print
that you select only the desired level (Heading3 or whatever) ALSO, dont print
from Print Preview cos that doesnt work. ALSO (and I quote) "If you have
configured Word to show only the first line of a paragraph in Outline view,
Word prints the entire paragraph even if only one line is showing....."
(p.213).

Hope this helps,
Malcolm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=