Re: Providing clients information via e-mail

Subject: Re: Providing clients information via e-mail
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:15:10 -0500

FWIW, I apologise for the "Out of Office" replies you're going to get in a
little while - the list should only see it once. Wish I could turn it off,
but my clients need reminding that I'm away. I'm off to beautiful Nova
Scotia to frolic with my dog... (oh yeah, and to visit my friends and family
too...) ;-) I'll catch up with you on Tuesday!

Roger Morency asked

1. Should all e-mail sent to clients be reviewed and approved by a
central clearinghouse? (gives reasons why and why not) (answer includes
question #2)

They may not screen what is said on the phone, but conversations are hearsay
if a lawsuit erupts - email is tangible evidence of GULP! misinformation.
You could try a standard disclaimer.

3. How do other companies handle this issue?

We send stuff via email all the time. We also have an Intranet accessed by
internal clients, and the content on THAT is reviewed - what if you tried a
combination of email/intranet?

4. Should only a subset of employees be allowed to communicate with
clients using e-mail, or should client e-mail addresses be made available
company wide.

Depends on what they'd be using the addresses for...marketing, accounting,
etc. sure-why not? But Joe Schmoe in the mailroom? I don't think so.

What about the internet with an email address link? That way, the clients
can converse with you first, and then it's only logical that you converse
back in the "language" they have set for your correspondence...

Good Luck!

Lisa Comeau
Ontario, Canada

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=