Re: BREVITYPLEASE

Subject: Re: BREVITYPLEASE
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:41:46 -0500

> ...search through the back messages to know what the heck came before.

That's not reasonable.

You want no quotes. I'm not on digest and I have high speed cable
download, so I want the whole message quoted. Are you right and I'm
wrong?

Obviously, the correct answer is somewhere between.

Those with consideration will only leave enough to place the response in
context. Besides being practical, it also avaids confusion. Howe many
times does someone post a response to a comment, only to find out that
the comment is not what was understood because there is no context.

Imagine if I had omitted the quote. You would see the message and wonder
What's "not reasonable"? Would you even be able to do a search and come
back with an accurate hit? It's not like only one unreasonable issue is
floating around at any one time.

However, just as everywhere else in life, not every has, or has time for
consideration.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=