Re: Job loss through injury or illness?

Subject: Re: Job loss through injury or illness?
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:22:58 -0800

I'm afraid I'm more skeptical of speech recognition technology. My
experience is about a year old now, and may be out of date, but when I used
Dragon Naturally Speaking, it offered 90% (they claim 95%) accuracy. That
sounds fine at first, but consider that that's one in ten words that gets
transcribed incorrectly. Given my 60 wpm, I found this a sub-standard
alternative. I suppose if I had carpal tunnel syndrome I'd learn to deal
with it, but I wouldn't recommend it for the entirely able-bodied. DB.