Re: If there is such a shortage of good tech writers...

Subject: Re: If there is such a shortage of good tech writers...
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 01:12:27 -0500

"Donald R. Stovicek" wrote:

> Having contract tech writers working out of their homes would seem to be a
> win-win scenario for both employer and employee. I don't see a downside.

I hate working at home.

I work for myself (as an independent consultant) and I do 98% of my work
"off-site". I could do it at home, but I rent a little office and go to
work every morning just like a regular working stiff. It instills
routine, helps me keep my work and personal lives separate, gives me a
little human contact during the day, and reduces the temptation to watch
TV or bake cookies instead of working. It also cuts down on the computer
clutter in the house.

Besides, I live with my mother. :)

Seriously, even when I wasn't living with Mom, I always had an office,
and I would never have it any other way.

Lin
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Computer programming, technical writing, web development

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=