Re: Tech Writing Programs

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Programs
From: Christina Downs <DOWNS -at- SERVICEWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:04:18 -0500

I hope this will be helpful in your search of input for designing a
technical writing program.

I am currently in a Professional Writing program at Carnegie Mellon
University (Pittsburgh, PA). I heard from one professor that CMU's
professional and technical writing program is among the top 3 in the
country, but I'm unsure of the precise source of this information.

Here are 2 URLs (the first is the CMU home page, and the 2nd takes you
directly to the English department page):
http://www.cmu.edu/
http://english.hss.cmu.edu/

If you don't find the information you need there, then I'm sure someone in
the English department would be willing to talk with you to provide more
details. Everyone I (as a student) have dealt with has been extremely
helpful! Good luck!

Chris
Christina M. Downs
Technical Writer, Content Development
ServiceWare, Inc., Oakmont, PA
412-826-1158 X225
E-mail: downs -at- serviceware -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=